Trivia, especially U.S. Presidential Trivia can be fun to read and learn from. There are times when pure enjoyment and fun are a requirement if one is to maintain sanity and keep their humor intact.
Let’s have fun while learning about our U.S. Presidents. For readers that can’t seem to get enough of trivia, I have added links at the bottom of this page.
- President John Adams was the first President to live in the White House
- Thomas Jefferson was the first President to be inaugurated in Washington, D.C.
- James Garfield was the first left-handed President
- The first President to resign from office was Richard Milhous Nixon
- President Herbert Hoover was the first President to have a phone in his office
- Andrew Jackson was the first President to ride on a train
- President Theodore Roosevelt was the first President to be awarded the Nobel Peace Price (1906)
- Bill Clinton was the first President to be Rhodes Scholar
- John Adams was the first President to have a pet in the White House
- Jimmy Carter was the first President born in a hospital
- George Washington was the first President to be on a postage stamp
- The first President to be assassinated was President Lincoln on April 14th, 1865
- Ronald Reagan was the first President to have been divorced and the first to wear contact lenses
- Benjamin Harrison was the first President to have a Christmas Tree in the White House
- John F. Kennedy was the first Catholic President. He was also the first President who was a Boy Scout
U.S. Presidential Trivia
- After serving his term as President, President William Howard Taft later served on the Supreme Court as the Chief Justice of the United States
- Eight Presidents never attended college: George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, Zachary Taylor, Milard Filmore, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Johnson and Grover Cleveland.
- At age 42, President Theodore Roosevelt was the youngest President. He succeeded to the office upon the assassination of President William McKinley
- Rather than face impeachment over the Watergate scandal, President Richard Nixon resigned his Presidency
- Eight Presidents died in office: William Henry Harrison, Zachary Taylor, Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley, Warren Harding, Franklin Roosevelt and John Kennedy.
I do hope that the trivia about our U.S. Presidents has provided you with some amusement and information that you were not aware of.